Saturday, May 23, 2020

Weekly Challenge Builds weeks 2 and 3

Well, the whole posting each week thing sort of fell apart didn't it...
Anyway, here are the builds for weeks two and three of the daily challenge build:
Day Eight: The Boat that Floats. Well, long enough for the photo anyway. I didn't leave it long enough, but I think it would've sunk eventually.

Day Nine: A castle. Not having enough parts for a castle, and it being a Saturday I decided to build a watch tower instead.

Here we see Balthazar the Spiffy, master of the magic arts visiting his chum Sir Gui De Somgui.

Day nine was a horse. I used slightly modified instructions from the original 1978 castle which I found online.

Day ten: build a maze.

Day Eleven: Build a picture frame. Since I don't have any hard copy photos and all my art is best displayed without a frame, I decided to build.a minifig scale picture frame.

Day twelve: build a train. I don't have enough train wheels, so I used wagon wheels instead. I liked the design, so this was photographed, uploaded and quickly rebuilt into a space train.

Day eleven: a venus fly trap. Thanks to a luck op-shop find some months ago, I happened to have way more bright green thn I thought, including exactly the right parts for the 'jaws'. 

Day Twelve: Unicorn. I was working from school this time, so I just quickly added a horn to the horse from day nine.

Day Thirteen: Pirate ship. I'm particularly happy with the broadside being fired.

Day Fourteen: Build a scene from a favourite book. Here we see the heroes of the picture book Trumpets in Grumpetland by Peter Cross and Peter Dallas-Smith in their bunny buggy pulled by the noble Hercules.

Day Fifteen: Build an ice cream truck. I'd like to revist this one with a slightly better roof to allow more space for a server.

Day Sixteen: Build a dog house. The mighty and mightily flamboyant Hercules is seen here pondering the great questions of his life - is he a good boy and when will his master realise he's a bulldog, not a pug and build him a bigger house?

Day Seventeen: Build a flying saucer. Parts availability played a major part int he design, but I knew I wanted it hovering over the microscale town.

Day eighteen: Build a sports arena. I'd just demolished some creator sets which used lots of dark blue, so I decided to use that colour for the stadium.

Day Nineteen: Waterpark. Not something I would choose to build, and not something I would choose to keep around once build. Pretty quickly stripped for parts.

Day Twenty: Build a shark. Or in my case, build a set of power armour for a shark. I do want to revisit this one and update the arms a little, I ran out of time on the day.

Day Twenty-One: Build a bridge.

On Monday Victorian schools are starting to transition back to on-site learning, meaning that I won't be able to build Lego during recess like I have been during the remote learning we've been doing. I still hope to complete the daily challenges (there's only a week left) but the builds are likely to get smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment