Saturday, June 22, 2019

More BrickLink Studio experients

I've been mucking about in BrickLink Studio some more which has been giving me some ideas for projects I want to make in real life. Mostly I'm just using the software to get an idea of what parts I'll need to acquire so I can muck about with the real bricks and get the design right.
Here's an early version of the hover ice cream truck with forward prongs in the style of the red truck.

I decided I wanted wheel arches, so it evolved into this. The proportions still looked wrong to me, so I've been experimenting with a slightly shorter version.

This is the sort of thing I have no chance of making for real with my current collection. I want to make big fancy space ships, but I don't really have the parts. The Rynocore Hercules here is the beginnings of a design I want to turn into reality. It will probably end up looking a bit different, but this is helping me work out the sort of parts I need for big space ship projects like this.

This render was done with POVray instead of Eyesight - this is quicker but gives a less photo real result. It shows the completed container tug.

Here's the tug with two containers attached - the eight prongs sticking out the front are the clamps which hold the containers together. There are technic pins for strength, but the clamps are the 'fictional' way the whole thing works. The tug also attaches via clamps.

An area I really want to work on is making large space ship engines. I don't have that many things which work so I want to spend time experimenting in software so I can work out what to buy.

Here's a close up on the tug with the containers attached. It's currently about 60 studs in total, meaning that if I was to fit four containers I'd be in S.H.I.P. territory. I like this idea because I can stagger out the costs by getting the containers one at a time.
I also finally had a chance to make a lego version of the Snotblox logo - I always wanted to do this, but I didn't have the right sort of parts in the right sizes. This log is technicaly impossible to build since you can't get one of those diagonal tiles in pink...
I'm going to start using this in upcoming videos and blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment